RE: FW: C-Bus Protocol - Public Release

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: FW: C-Bus Protocol - Public Release
  • From: "Kevin Hawkins" <lists@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2003 16:18:34 +0100

C-Bus
> will
> >use this 'Public Release' protocol and people intending >to use
this
> macro
> >solution will require a personal license but I can >arrange
them
> through the
> >'third party' route.
>=20
> Any idea when your hv/c_bus interface will surface ??
>=20
> Frank

My initial focus is on getting the HomeVision C-Bus macro control working -
and I am a fair way through this. One or two features to sort out with the
ROM still but not far away. I have a query in with Clipsal re one aspect of
their 'public release' spec which is going to be awkward if it is a
'required' feature as HV does not have an easy way to achieve it.

The xAP to C-Bus gateway is available now in an early adopter form, and
wil=
have some more features introduced and schemas finalised over the next
mont=
or so.

The HV/C-Bus hardware interface I am estimating is only about a month away
but both the C-Bus solutions for HV require the new v3.4 ROM - there are a
few new things in there and obviously CSI need to be sure it is perfect. HV
has a great reputation for reliability - so it will appear as and when the
testing cycle is complete I guess.

Kevin