From: Valerie Levinsohn
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, October 09, 2003 3:58 PM
Subject: [ukha_d] Introduction. Hello Everybody!!! and Custom
Installers PLEASE READ THIS!!!!!! CALL FOR HELP!!!

Hi There!

This will probably be long, because I'm definitely a rambler,
so
please be patient! Anyways, HELLO!!!  =3D) I'm new to this list
and
thought I would introduce myself. My name is Valerie and I work
for a company that manufactures wire and cable in the U.S. I
got
into this industry about a year and a half ago. I design our
company websites and maintain a monthly newsletter about our
products, up-to-date news, and other comings and goings. The
main
reason I'm joining this list is so I can learn more about this
industry and bring some good information to our
subscribers(which
is free of course). Our subscriber base is mostly custom
installers and home automation professionals. Many of them
currently use my company's wire and cable products.

Some people may think that I have joined these groups and
forums
to sell our products, and the honest truth on that matter is
that
I don't need to do that! In fact, we only sell direct and we
currently do not have any distributors in the UK just yet.
Right
now, we are currently only selling in N.A.

But my main focus is research for content on my e-mail
newsletter
and to learn more!!! Also, my boyfriend is a home theater
installer (mostly pre-wires) in the industry too, but I can't
go
to him for all my tips and tools of the trade, now can I!!!!

So each month, the newsletter focuses on current news, a
Product
Spotlight, a Tips and Tools of the trade, and then other
content
that I add in as I see fit! (if you want to checkout the
newsletter, please let me know and I'll be happy to post the
location on the web.

The reason I've joined this list is basically a call for YOUR
HELP! Especially help from the PROFESSIONAL CUSTOM INSTALLERS
in
the industry. Installers such as CEDIA attendees, or anyone in
the industry-basically!!!! Especially those who deal directly
with Wire and Cable.

As mentioned above, in the newsletter is a tips and tools of
the
trade section. I'm looking for Wire and Cable Best Practices
for
this section. Each month I would like to include 3-5 Best Wire
and Cable management tips. If anyone on here can be of some
help
to me, that would really make my day!!! Please feel free to
contact me privately if you think you can help! I'll definitely
give you the credit on the newsletter and would very much
appreciate your time in sharing these best practices.

If you guy's need some help in coming up w/ topics or ideas,
see
below, where I have listed a few that I am already going to use
for this upcoming issue. If you have a good one and can get it
me by Monday October 13th, (it is going to be sent out on
Tuesday) then I can probably squeeze it in!

Some topics I'm using already include:

A list of Pre-Wire tools that an installer shouldn't be with
out.
Also includes a short article on why you should maintain your
tools!!

Best Practices in Wiring for a Retro

Structured Wiring Techniques that Work---Pull and LABEL
EVERYTHING!! TRIM LATER! KEEPING IT CLEAN!

Hopefully I will get some great tips and techniques from you
guys! It will be great to get a perspective from outside the
U.S.!!

Thanks for everything and I look forward to reading the posts
on
this list and learning more about the home automation/home
theater industry!

Sincerely,

Valerie