RE: Thermostat Hysterysis

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Thermostat Hysterysis
  • From: "Dave McLaughlin" <dave@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 20:51:22 +0100

Hi Frank,

Where you using floating point of printf in your code?

If so, these tend to be quite memory hungry. I tend to use integer maths
where I can and use integers for printout. You can even use them for
printing floating point. Check out the sample code from Codevision.

As for CAN bus it is dead easy once you have the devices working and
understand the basics. I think I have some PIC code that I ported from the
Microchip website before I ported again to the AVR. I'll try and dig it
out=
.
There is no standard format for the way data is encoded and you are
basically free to use your own. There is DEVICENET but this is processor
intensive and needs lots of code space. I designed my own for the home
automation control. At present I only use the 11 bit identifier, but I am
slowly changing over to the 29 bit identifier to allow a much simpler
sender, receiver and message ID type system. I could send you the PCB
layouts for a simple board that you can use with the AVR along with
softwar=
etc. From this I had PCB-Pool make up a load of boards (about 8) based on
the minimum size. With a min of 2 you can have a CAN bus network working in
minutes.

If you want any more info let me know and if anyone would prefer us to move
this off the list, we could chat about it more direct.

Regards
Dave...
---
Very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes!!!
---