RE: Thermostat Hysterysis

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Thermostat Hysterysis
  • From: "Dave McLaughlin" <dave@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 09:52:04 +0100

Hi Dean,

I use a 2 degree hysterisis. At present it is only used to operate an
electric heater in my loft, where my computer and HA system lives. To save
code space, I didn't use an LCD and stored the temp as an integer times 10.
The DS18S20 only changes by 0.5 degrees anyway so this is ideal. The CAN
Bus
interface code is quite compact as it uses the filters built into the CAN
controller to receive any new messages for the setup etc. Haven't really
done much more than this at present. The relay output is fed into Homeseer
via Justin's gameport plugin.

I programme in C using the excellent Codevision compiler so I can't really
comment on code optimisation other than ask how you store the value in the
software and if maybe using integers might compact it up more?

Regards
Dave...
PS.. My embeddedcomputer.co.uk website is back up now if you want to have a
look at the CAN bus stuff. I am looking at doing some simple room
thermostats using the ATMega16 and a 2 digit LED display as I wanted an
excuse to use the new blue seven segment displays from Farnell :o)
---
Very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes!!!
---