From: Stuart Grimshaw
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Sent: Monday, October 06, 2003 8:40 PM
Subject: [ukha_d] Moving a thermostat.

Right, I've had enough. Last night I was sitting in the living room
sweating
like a peeeg, so I went to see what the thermostat was set at (I must admit
admit, at this point I suspected SWMBO had turned it up again). The temp
was
set at a very comfortable 20 deg. C, yet because the damn thing is upstairs
on the landing, WHERE THERE ARE NO RADIATORS!!!!

I know I could fit another downstairs and have it control the two zones
independantly, but because we spend all our time in the living room /
dining
room (they're one and the same) it would make sense just to move the
existing
one (or retire it and get a new one).

OK, so for starters, any recomendations for a new thermostat? What should I
be
looking for? What about ideas for a home brew one?

And secondly, how do I go about moving it? Any links for me to have a look
at?

Cheers guys.