RE: Thermostat Hysterysis

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Thermostat Hysterysis
  • From: "Dave McLaughlin" <dave@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2003 23:53:17 +0100

Hi Dean

Welcome to the world of the AVR.. Good choice.

Which compiler are you using, if any?

As for the hysterysis, I use about 2 degrees on my own designs and this
seems to work quite well. I too, couldn't find anything so just tried the
values myself and it worked out pretty good.

Hope this helps?

By the way, hooking up a DS18S20 to the AVR is dead simple. I have a simple
AT90S2313 with one hooked up to it and a Microchip MCP2510 CAN bus
controller. All it does is read the sensor and transmit this on the CAN
network. Took about 10 mins with the compiler to write the code (CAN bus
was
already done before hand) and it worked first time. Bit of an overkill
really but the idea is so simple and multiple sensors can exist on the same
network much like the 1-wire idea but much more robust.

Regards
Dave...
---
Very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes!!!
---