Re: Extending Home Highway

> Has anyone got any ideas about how to extend Home Highway. I want to
be
able
> to connect my laptop to the internet without having my main PC on and
> sharing it's connection. The distance need to be able 30 meters.
>
> The options that I can come up with are;
>
> 1) Extend the USB connections, however I'm sure this will not work
over
30m

well, when I got my new HH in (we have two) the guy said not to use any USB
cabe longer than the one supplied, as they "had problems with
distance" so
I'd guess this one is a no-go

> 2) Connect some sort of wireless hub to the HH controller, however I
don't
> know of any that support either USB or ISDN. The HH controller does
not
have
> an Ethernet port from it.

Vigor 2600W has ISDN Support and WiFi..we have a 2600X (isdn, no wifi) and
it's great.. we have also supplie a bunch of 2600s in the field... all with
great results.

> 3) Get an ISDN card for the laptop and have a 30m ISDN cable. Again, I
don't
> know if this will really work.

It will, but it's not as cool as WiFi :D