Re: Help - needed urgently - PCI-X Parallel Printer Card

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Help - needed urgently - PCI-X Parallel Printer Card
  • From: "Marcus Warrington" <marcusw@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2003 11:41:53 +0100

Ian,

Sorry for the late reply, I've been on a couple of days holiday and am
catching up on the emails..
I believe our engineers managed to source a card eventually so the urgency
is over :)

As to trying regular 3.3V regular cards.. that's what they originally
tried, but the PCI slots in the Dell machines will not accept them. There
are two "blocks" inside the slot that require the card edge to
have *two* cut outs (i.e. missing gold teeth) for them fit. I would suspect
that the backward compatability means that the PCI-X cards can be used on a
non PCI-X machine but that non PCI-X cards can not be used in a PCI-X
machine.. or maybe its just DELL ?

Marcus