Web Server help required.

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Web Server help required.
  • From: "Dean Barrett" <dean@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 19:41:39 +0100

I have an IP address via Dynamic DNS that points at my Draytek router. The
router allows traffic into a specific internal IP address,i.e. Webserver.
This webserver is running CBus HomeGate and can be accessed from net fine.

I now have another server running Geovision CCTV system, this too has a web
server.

I thought i'd be able to have a page on the external facing server (CBus)
referencing the internal one (CCTV) thus allowing one external connection
see both servers. It doesnt work :(

If I try it from a PC in the office it works fine, if i try it from home it
works fine as it uses VPN to get to the internal webserver.

I dont want to put CBus server (IIS) on the CCTV server, not sure if both
web servers would run together, so i'm now stuck. So is it possible for my
one IP address to see two servers - can the Draytek allow 2 internal
addresses to be seen from the outside ??

I'm getting confused now :)

Dean.