Am I confused... Or is it broken??

Today I received a TM13U and SS13E. I am not sure if the TM13U is
"duff" or
maybe I mis-understood how it works.

I had assumed that the TM13U would work in exactly the same was as a
regular
Appliance plug-in, but with the RF capability. My plan was to replace an
existing AM12 in the loft (for an outside light) with the new TM13U.
Control
of the outside light would then be possible through the SS13E or though
Homevision as per the AM12.

I set the TM13U to "P" and sure enough the SS13E worked like a
treat for
button 1.

However I noticed that no signal was sent to Homevision to state whether it
was on or off (I assume that this is why you can poll its status - but I
have not tried this yet)

Because the TM13U was set to "P", I had assumed that I could
control it via
Homevision with a simple P1 OFF/ON command - but nothing happened. I tried
different house codes, but with out success.

So have I mis-understood how the TM13U works - can it only operate as an
Appliance Module via RF?

Whilst on the subject of "broken things".....

I have a intermittent fault on a AW10U - in that it mainly stays on and it
difficult to switch off (either locally or via HV).Is there something that
could possibly replace inside it? Any guides on how to fix a AM10U?

Thanks

Clive