RE: Xbox Media Center, The new (ad)venture

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Xbox Media Center, The new (ad)venture
  • From: "Don McAllister" <donmc@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 13:57:29 +0100

Xbox - tivo code seems to have died a bit. Last I looked d7o appeared to
have cracked the playback of extracted .ty files on the xbox but was
struggling on the realtime streaming of tivo files from the Tivo to the
xbox. I think the .ty code got broken in some of the last CVS(?) builds.

He appears to have diverted his time to creating:

TyShow is a DirectShow project to allow you to play tivo .ty files
within DirectShow based players (eg Windows Media Player).

http://dealdatabase.com/forum/showthread.php?s=94ff50f3aeca75a2acf8daf0a
6d177d0&threadid=27399

I'll ask the question is xbox - tivo now on the backburner :-(

Don

PS I think the XBMC code is out, you just need to know where to look!
I've not been looking very hard. No documentation yet though.