Re: Re: [OT] Terminal services test

> --- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Shmern" <shmern@s...> wrote:
> > Does he not have Windows XP Pro, If so he can use Remote desktop
> which is
> > exactly the same technology, i.e. RDP
> >
> > However the latency involved in a SAT connection will Im sure
make
> it very
> > hard to use (if at all). RDP can cope with low bandwidth much
> better than
> > high latency.
>
> RDP copes pretty well with GPRS, which has poor and varying latency,
> with a best case of about half a second!

Yeah I've seen ICA (Citrix) over GPRS and it was fine as well, But Im led
believe the latency on SAT connections is particularly bad. Bear in mind I
have never seen/tried a SAT connection, Im baseing this answer on others
experience with SAT connections. So the best thing is to give it a quick go
:), But I'd still say an RDP connection would be more useable over a
standard dialup.

Hopefully Im proved wrong as SAT is probably going to be the only viable
broadband  option If I ever build a house, or they extend the RE-ADSL2 to
MUCH further than 7.5KM :)

D.