Re: Fw: Low Powered PC new business opportunity with POE support

Hiyall!

3Com do 'P.ower O.ver E.thernet' hubs. you basicly plug them inline to your
normal lan switch eg switch -> poe data -> poe data+power -> cat5
patch
panel. at the other end you can use a splitter that takes the power 'back
off' the ethernet cables and presents it into one of those round 9 volt
powerplug type things (dunno the tech term)...

3Com make these for use with thier NBX phone systems and other various poe
units you can now get.
http://www.3com.com/prod/en_UK_EMEA/detail.jsp?tab=features&sku=WEBBNGEPSPRODUCTS

Dunno how true this is but from what I can make out Cisco do things
different (pin wise) to 3Com to xyz corp, as in theres no 'standard' yet -
so check first I guess...

Oh and just while I'm rattling about 3Com - they are now doing uk 'face
plate' lan switches that turns a single lan outlet into 4 (I noticed this
when I was checking the other link :) - another contender for using thier
poe products :)
http://emea.3com.com/promotions/intellijack/

Hope this is helpfull :)

Wayne