Re: Moving laptop between domains...

Hi,
There is another option, dont log onto any domains (or join them either)
use
DHCP (or at least know all your ip info for the lans you want to access)
that will sort out your network, to sort out the authentication - have a
batch file that links to a share on what ever network you are using that
has
your username and either prompt for a password or you can stick that in
there too... That way w2k or xp will then use that method to authenticate
when you use somthing else. w2k-xp remembers your credentials and uses
those
in preferance to connect to remote resources.

I tend to use a local user account to do this with - that way I havnt got
faf about with createing open areas of disk for moving files between each
configuration.

The only downside I can think of is if you share somthing off your laptop
as
there will be no making use of the central account lists on either domains.
You will either have to give people local laptop usernames or password to
access or open a share up to 'everyone'.

Its an Idea :)
Wayne.
www.planetWayne.com