RE: ColorKinetics I-Cove lights

> From: Benfield, John [mailto:john.benfield@xxxxxxx]
> I'm looking for buy a load of ColorKinetics I-Cove lighting from the
> states (this is not a bulk buy, however if other people are interested
> email me off list). I know that there was a bulk buy last year - how
> are people controlling their lights. Are you using the property
> ColorKinetics' controllers or are you using some form of DMX
interfaces?

Well I managed to get six and installed them in my shower/steam cubical.
The lights are above a plastic dome so they are kept dry and away from any
steam.  I have each of my lights simply set to run on a 1.5min cycle
through
all of the colours.  I'm using a couple of PSU (three lights on each) which
came with the bulk buy.  I put both PSU's in a box and added some nice
sockets etc.

They are not joined together via the third control wire, as I didn't want
spend hundreds of pounds on a colour kinetics power supply, and then a DMX
controller.  Even so it all works surprisingly well with the lights only
getting out of sink with each other after about 9 hours.  I fitted a
bathroom pull cord as a light switch which just turns the PSU's on and off.

One of my lights died not long after the install, I'm pretty sure it hasn't
suffered any water damage.  When I got the lights and PSUs I noticed that
it
had been wired to run at almost double the rated voltage for the lights.  I
think that this may have shortened its life expectancy, although I noticed
this within 30 secs, I'm not sure how long the light had been run at that
voltage by the previous owner.  The other lights are all still fine.

One day I'll post a small MPG.

> Firstly, let me apologies for the mildly ridiculous company blurb at
> the top of this email. It's a little excessive in size.

Same here...

--
/ ___   / /  /  / __    / _____ HOME: rob@xxxxxxx

If you have received this email in error please let us know by e-mail reply
and delete it from your system; you may not copy this message or disclose
its contents to anyone.  Please note that any views or opinions presented
in
this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent
those of MMT Computing plc.  Finally, the recipient should check this email
and any attachments for the presence of viruses.  MMT Computing plc accepts
no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.