RE: Source switching help please

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Source switching help please
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 21:05:30 -0000

> From: Tony Tofts [mailto:tony@xxxxxxx]
>
> If you want to distribute surround sound round the house, it might be
> possible to use 2 x kat5 for each location - I seem to
> remember something
> along these lines - Keith?
>
> Regards
> Tony

Pro-Logic will work fine over normal KAT5 provided you feed it into a
Pro-Logic decoder at the distant end.

6 channel audio eg 5.1 will require a normal set of KAT5 for S-Video and
Front Pair with a second set of Audio only KAT5's for
Centre/Sub/Surround_L_R

A couple of people are using a video channel on KAT5 for sending digital
audio although this is something I havent tried myself. If you are
currently
running Composite + Stereo to the other TV's then you cound use the unused
Video channel that would carry S-Video Chroma to carry the Digital Audio
signal instead. As I said, some people are already doing this but I cant
guarantee it will work in all cases.

Keith

www.diyha.co.uk
www.kat5.tv