Re: mobile phones

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 11:09:05 -0000, you wrote:

>With GPRS, mobile internet is now just down to costs and whose portal
is
>best, all providers charge per meg transferred... It just depends who
is the
>cheapest!

Does anyone know how the costs compare, or is there a website that
keeps up-to-date with who is offering the best deals?

>Orange used to be able to claim that they were the fastest for data in
the
>UK, because they were the only network who support HSCSD (High Speed
Circuit
>Switched Data) which would theoretically allow your mobile phone to
connect
>at speeds of upto 56k, although orange charged a healthy premium for
this
>privilege!

Is Orange still ahead of O2 and Vodafone or have they all caught-up?
Does Orange offer anything that the other two don't? I thought from
reading here, that Orange were supposed to be the best, but with most
friends & family on O2, I don't want to be stung on the inter-network
calls. Are there any differences in coverage too?

Thanks.