Re: Embedded CPU/mobo/OS combi good at RF?

Hmm, I've had a look at both and they seem interesting, but I really wanted
to get away from open and public standards like Bluetooth, and the Z-Wave
is just way too slow :(  I've just spent a while looking at this:

http://www.renesas.com/eng/products/mpumcu/32bit/h8sx/

Which is a Hitachi 32bit H8SX processor which looks like it could do the
job.  I was thinking about frame compression also which might help and thus
reduce the required bandwidth, as this processor seems as though it would
be able to do that and have time spare.

But I don't know if I really want to put my Assembly hat on and learn a
whole loada new bytecodes, registers, addressing modes and mnemonics etc.
etc.

The last time I did that was with the 65c02 (and things have moved on a
little since then!!).  Love that CPU.

Anyway, thanks for the feedback and if anyone has even the slightest idea
of what might work, please do post and help a poor old 6502 coder from a
fate worse than Def :)