Re: Tivo Daily Mail And Cron Code and Instructions

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Tivo Daily Mail And Cron Code and Instructions
  • From: lee.taylor@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 12:01:31 +0000

Don (and others)

> I'll do the streaming via Xbox tomorrow or over the weekend.

Since you've got it going too, I was wondering if you are getting dropped
frames like I am. It's noticeable as the picture occasionally jumps now and
again. If I click the info button on the Xbox remote, I can see that it's
dropping between 1 and 2 frames every second.

I've tried upping the config.xml cache from 8k to 256k in various
increments, but it doesn't seem to make any difference. The info display
always shows the cache as either 0% or 1%. Perhaps this is normal (?)

Also, I've noticed that when FFW'ing or RWD'ing on the Xbox, the Tivo's own
output skips a bit. Luckily, recording appears unaffected.

Still, as a concept it's awesome.   :-)

If anyone else has the necessary kit, I'd recommend giving it a go. If
you're a bit unsure of what to do, wait for Don's guide first. (BTW Don,
excellant guide for DailyMail. Must give it a try).

Cheers

Lee