Re: [OT] Monitor madness

At 08:38 AM 5/14/03 +0100, Stuart Grimshaw wrote:

> Will someone please tell me that it is not impossible to find a
monitor
> that will do 1280x1024 at a decent refresh rate?

Both my monitors can do 1280x1024 @ 75 Hz. :)

If you are using plug-and-play it's quite possible that you have
an old or generic 'inf' file that won't allow you to select the
higher refresh rates.

You can override this with the Display options of Control Panel.
Using the various dialog tabs and the "Advanced" and
"Change"
buttons you should be able to change the following:
* Turn off "Automatically detect Plug and Play monitors"
* Set the "monitor type".  Enable "Show all hardware".
Pick
the manufacturer as "(Standard monitor types)" then the model
as "Super VGA 1280x1024 @ 75Hz".
Somewhere in the mess of display options there should now be a
setting for refresh rate which you can use to test if your
monitor is capable or not.

Nick.