The US

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: The US
  • From: "Mark McCall" <Mark@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 May 2003 23:23:17 +0100

Sitting on the plane on the way back from the US although I'm not going to
spend the $10 a minute for 9,600 baud access to send it :-o

It's been 11 years since I was last there (honeymoon) but it's still got
some great electronics bargains.

I didn't see any X10 modules on sale in any of the electronics stores I was
in strangely.

Our first days trip to Wal-Mart netted us some walkie-talkies (with a
quoted
2 mile range) for $10 (£6.50) each!  My daughter bought the new GameBoy
Advanced SP for $100 (£65). The newer version of that  Apex DVD player that
was £52 from Dabs.com a few months ago was available at $47.99 (£30). You
could pick up a personal CD player for $17.99 (£12) or one with a built in
FM/AM radio
for $19.99 (£13).

We brought back a Roomba too (hence the questions to the list earlier in
the
week), we thought at £130 it was too good to miss :)

The outdoor speakers in Disney the last time we were there were the rock
shaped ones.  However I noticed they'd mostly been replaced with these...
http://www.automatedhome.co.uk/images/temp/soundscape.jpg
..sounded pretty good.  Saw one with the top off one day.  Make on the
driver was "SoundScape".

M.