RE: Plasma TV advice, Hitachi?

Having spent about 400 man-hours researching the various screen before
committing to the Panny, I think the consensus on the Hitachi, compared to
the traditional faves, was...

+ Much better tuner (quality and feature wise) - a benefit if you want the
all-in-one solution
= Panel very good quality, arguably better than the Panny in some respects,
but worse in others
- As below, fan noise.  Some people have them and claim not to have any
noise, others have been through 3 or 4 of them without success.

My final decision was in first place, the Pioneer (purely on the feature
set
of the tuner when compared to the Panny), second was the Panny, and third
was the Hitachi, mainly because of the higher price and suspect fans.  I
went for the Panny due to no stock of the Pioneer at the time.

Pete

PS I should add I seem to be one of the few people on avforums that
actually
thinks Plasma's aren't quite as good as everyone makes them out to be.  On
balance (wow factor, foot-print, size) they're better than CRTs, but on
picture quality alone, I think a good CRT would beat a good plasma by some
way.