Latest message you have seen: Re: HA Object Model or Taxonomy?

RE: Re: Vigor 2600 Q

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: Vigor 2600 Q
  • From: "Nikola Kasic" <nikola@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 10:25:41 -0000

It should update it automatically. However, DynDNS has a policy that you
should not update your DNS record regularely, if your IP address doesn't
change.
Therefore they don't support all client applications, because some of
them will try to update their records even if IP address didn't change,
and that causes unnecessary traffic.
In those cases, they just disable your account and stop providing you
with the service.
My problem is that they expect you to use dial-up and update entry at
least once a month, and my connection is that stable, that it lasts
longer than that. Therefore they send me e-mails asking if I still use
the service, because I didn't update record more then a month.
Nik