Latest message you have seen: Re: (was) Pogo description (now) Sony Ericsson P800 smartphone

Re: Re: Are you interested in VoIP ?

Hi Dan,

If your Netgear (router?) works fine, I am guessing that:

Ports 5082 and 5060 are open and media ports 16384-16391 are open.

or (more unlikely)

the Netgear MR314 is SIP aware - I think this last one is very unlikely,
I've looked at
the datasheet for it and it doesn't mention it - but then it may be a
feature that they just
don't mention..

I'm interested in your Netgear configuration, since if you are using NAT
there is no way
for the Netgear to know where to send the 'call', fwd would point to your
external ip not
an internal one, not only that but the media ports are negotiated between
the clients
(soft or hard) so the Netgear would effectively need to either have lots of
ports open or
be dynamically opening them.

If FWD are using a 'special'  proxy then all may be 'fine and dandy' with
other FWD users,
however have you tried getting a non fwd SIP user to call you?

I'm certainly interested in your setup, since it could mean a cheaper
solution for people.

Andy