RE: Idratek Cortex

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Idratek Cortex
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 07:49:01 +0100

Hi Chris,

As I said, I only had a brief demo but first impressions are everything.

I'm glad I want the only one that didnt like the shape of the control
panel.
As you said, it does have a great deal of functionality but I do think it
needs a display of some sort.

If I came into the house It would be nice to see that I had missed 5 phone
calls and scroll through them on the display (possibly with database lookup
of Names rather than just CLI).

The Audio capability is an important one which could also be used to
playback Answerphone messages taken by a PC. In combination with the CLI,
messages could be assigned to different members of the home, eg Mum, Dad,
Son, Daughter, Anyone so that you dont have to go through 15 messages that
arent for you just so you can hear the one you are interested in.

LOGO - I think some of the MK range has (or had) the MK logo embossed on
the
bottom to differentiate it from the cheaper MK copycat products. Obviously
that isnt easy for Idratek to accomplish as they have a common moulding
with
vinyl insert to cover the unused holes although depencing what colours were
chosen for the overlay it could be possible to have discrete branding on
there.

Was there a "bare board" device that could go behind the
faceplate of your
choice ?

Keith

www.diyha.co.uk