Re: [OT] need a web based simple file manager

Hi Paul,

Am I being dense, or are you just talking about authentication? Can you not
just add each customer to your web server's password list (htpasswd) and
then setup a directory for each of them with an .htaccess file limiting
access to just that user. Give them the URL for that directory, and when
they click on the link to go to it, they will be asked for username and
password.

FancyIndexing will give them a readable directory listing, without you
having to write any HTML at all. Use the HeaderName and ReadmeName
directives to tell the web server the names of files you want to use as
headers and footers, if you want to wrap the directory listing with
something a bit prettier. Or you can control the look completely by writing
your own index.html for each directory.

Or is this too basic?

Cheers,

Bruno

Paul wrote:
> I want to setup a secure area on a web site where customers can login
and
> download large files assigned to them (rather than clog up email).
It’s