RE: Re: Sharing a Blue yonder connection

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: Sharing a Blue yonder connection
  • From: "Don McAllister" <donmc@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 16:54:29 +0100

The cable modem has a separate cable from the entry point into the house
to wherever you want it. You then run a cat5 rj45 lan cable from the
cable modem to the WAN port of the router.

They will need a MAC address of the device you are going to connect to
the cable modem. If you were connecting a single PC then it would be the
MAC address of the NIC card. If you are using a router then you can
connect to the router via a browser before the cable modem gets
installed and get the MAC address of the WAN port to give them.

If you get the router after the cable modem is installed, you can
register the new MAC address using the self help facility and it takes
24 hours to become active.

Cheers
Don