Fw: Lost with the whole Xbox thang ...

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Fw: Lost with the whole Xbox thang ...
  • From: Gareth Cook <g@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 15:29:59 +0100

Gerard=0D
=0D
So, say you now have your XBox with the Executor Lite (the Pro does NOT =0D
come with a BIOS - you will only need the pro if you need to play with the
=
=0D
bios, and you'll have to go find it yourself). The Lite still allows flash
=
=0D
updating of the Executor BIOS.=0D
=0D
So, what you do now is boot from the Slayer ISO disc - one of the options =
=0D
says to install the new dashboard etc - this is all listed in the readme =
=0D
with step by step instructions on the ISO image. Just burn the disc and =0D
chuck it in the PC and read it.=0D
=0D
Now, before you do this it's best to modify the XML config doc on the ISO =
=0D
so it has the correct IP information - I used static with a high addy =0D
(192.168.0.250) so that if anything goes wrong in the future, I can just =
=0D
boot of the CD and gain access. There is a tool - I think it's called XISO
=
=0D
- and you can extract, modify and then use this tool to replace the file =
=0D
back into the ISO.=0D
=0D
Once you done all this and the new dashboard is installed, you now have =0D
FTP access to the XBox. So, you can now login and upgrade to XBMP2.3 (XBox
=
=0D
Media Player). The ISO has a much older version, and it's really =0D
recommended to put 2.3 on.=0D
=0D
Now you can FTP in, alter the XBMP config.xml and specify all your shares,
=
=0D
etc.=0D
=0D
G.=0D
=0D
Gareth Cook=0D
BTPM North Region=0D
IBM SWG - BTE Office - Lotus Park, Staines, TW18 3AG=0D
Office: +44 (0)1784 445166 - Mobile: +44 (0)7980 445166=0D
AIM Chat : TheBoyG - MSN Chat : chat@xxxxxxx=0D
email: g@xxxxxxx=0D
=0D
=0D
----- Forwarded by Gareth Cook/UK/IBM on 23/05/2003 15:25 -----=0D
=0D
Discussion=0D
Main Topic=0D
=0D
"Gerard McGovern" <stuff@xxxxxxx>=0D
Today 12:01=0D
=0D
.=0D
Subject:=0D
.=0D
[ukha_d] Lost with the whole Xbox thang ...=0D
.=0D
Category:=0D
=0D
=0D
=0D
>from
and that will allow me to not only play games but also be a media=0D
player, dvd player and all other manner of things.=0D
=0D
So let's say I order the =C2=A3199 package from=0D
http://www.baldbouncer.co.uk/xbox.htm
... how do I then turn it into the=0D
Media Player? I assume I need some disc ... if so, does this disc have=0D
to be booted from each time I want it to be a Media Player? Is the disc=0D
easy to get hold of? Why do I keep on asking myself questions?=0D
=0D
Sorry if I sound dumb ... I've been out of the loop on consoles despite=0D
owning about 10 of the bastard things.=0D
=0D
Thank you in advance,=0D
=0D
G=0D
=0D
--=0D
=0D
=C2=BA =E2=80=A2 =C2=BA =E2=80=A2 =C2=BA =E2=80=A2 =C2=BA =E2=80=A2 =C2=
=BA =E2=80=A2 =C2=BA =E2=80=A2 =C2=BA =E2=80=A2 =C2=BA=0D
Gerard McGovern=0D
=0D
w: http://www.inkiboo.com=0D
m: +44 7980 760 228=0D
=0D
aim: inkiboouk  y!: inkiboo  msn: gerard@xxxxxxx=0D
=0D
"imagination is more important than knowledge"=0D
=0D
=0D
=0D