RE: OT Copying Linux hard disk

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: OT Copying Linux hard disk
  • From: "Robert Welsh" <bob-ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 09:51:14 +0100

> I need to copy the contents of a Hard drive on my SME server
> to a new disk of smaller capacity, does anybody know of any
> utilities I can download off the web there that will do this?

Why not just mount the old disk in the PC with the new disk installed
and copy the files from one to the other ??

> 2nd question is how does the old disk need to be formatted if
> I am planning on installing it into my XBOX

If you're using the Slayer install disk, then IIRC it's all handled for
you. Certainly when installed a brand new 80Gb Maxtor in an XBox for a
mate, I did nothing special - just dropped it in and fired up Slayer.

Cheers,
Rob