RE: Speaker plate

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Speaker plate
  • From: "Hawes,Timothy Edward (GEG)" <haweste@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 07:03:21 +0100

Mick,

I take it that there are 20 cables, each 2-core, so a total of 40 cores to
deal with ?

Having made some of the DIY plates, it is possible to group the connectors
quite close together, particularly when using single banana sockets, rather
than the paired ones.
(e.g. http://custom1.farnell.com/cpc/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=cpc+catalogue&category%5Fname=&product%5Fid=91391)

Other than that, you're probably looking at something like
"Speakon" plugs. Go to http://rswww.com and search for part # 385-165.
This is a professional multi-way speaker cable plug. Could only find it in
8-way versions though, so you'll still need 5 of them :-/

As a last chance, you could try a <cough> SCART plug. 21 way, so
you'll need two, but they would both fit on one double-gang wall plate. Not
sure of the current capacity of the plugs though, probably not too high :-(
What do you want to run off the cables ? Simple speech announcements, or
you home cinema ?

HTH,

Tim H.