Re: OT - Just seen inside a Woolwich ATM machine

On Thu, 10 Jul 2003 16:24:58 +0100, you wrote:

>I know its off-topic, but I found it interesting.
>
>Standing in Woolwich while an engineer was working inside machine - he
>re-booted it, and it said OS-WARP !!
>
>Is this still a current operating system ? - I thought it died years
>ago. Last time I saw this was when I was messing with things like
>Win3.1, Dosshell etc.

Wow - that brings back memories!  I used to write software for ATMs many
years ago.  I worked for NCR when we were developing the first of the
CRT based machines - before that they only had those single line
displays.  I remember writing controller code for the card reader and
for the vandal-proof door (which they don't have nowadays).

Ah, heady days, pioneering new technology and such.... :))

We didn't use OS/2 then (this was about 20 years ago - I've had a long
and varied career since then) but I've still got a few friends working
there, so I could maybe find out why they're still using it.  If it was
an NCR machine that is.

David P.

--=20
David_Paterson =3D david.paterson@xxxxxxx =A6 david.paterson@vissci.=
com;

Senior programmer         There are three kinds of people in the world -
Visual Science Ltd.         those who can count, and those who can't...