Hello... I'm new, please be nice ;)

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Hello... I'm new, please be nice ;)
  • From: "Alistair Watkins" <ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2003 00:08:03 +0100

Hi,
as todays newbie, i'd thought I would introduce myself.

Hi, my name is Alistair and I'm an .... oh no, wrong group.... well,
rubbish
jokes aside, I'm new to the group but not HA, I've had kit for a few years
now but I have not really used  anything in a real set up, instead I have
been experimenting with what little things I can do when I link the PC, and
other things, up to switches, scanner, sensors and stuff so I have never
really used an interface such as Homeseer or MisterHouse prefering to code
homebrew quick fixes normally in Java or C.

I recently graduated with a Computing Science Degree having completed my
final disertation on the Bluetooth home automation systems in part of which
I created a prototype system of my own, something I continue to experiment
with, and what I would consider my 'experteese'.

As unfortunatly there are no jobs to be found working in HA, not even in
London, and an amassing of student debts has stoped me from going it alone
right now, but I would like to open up a HA consultancy in the next year or
so..

so, in a nutshell I'm here to learn, armed with my copy of Smart Homes For
Dummies, I'm sure I already know pretty much everything there is (j/k) and
look forward to building up my knowledge from you, the masters.  who knows
may be able to help you out one day!!!

Thanks,
---
Alistair