RE: XBox - was Windows XP Media Center Edition Review

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: XBox - was Windows XP Media Center Edition Review
  • From: "Kenneth Watt" <kwatt@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 10:55:59 -0000

> I mean using funky effects and characters looking more realistic and
> shedloads
> of polygons etc.....

I get you now.

> Well ordinarily I'd agree with you, I just meant that I'd rather have
> something
> better looking and slightly slower than running like shit off a shovel
and
> using ASCII block character :-)

Agreed, but most modern games look stunning IME.

> Of course "gameplay is all" etc etc, but it does help if it looks
nice.
> You wouldn't bother buying DOA Xtreme Volleyball if it didn't look as
good
> as
> possible, now would you? :-))

You sad, sad man it'll be XXX BMX next ;)

> Yes, I know.  We just need to elbow out all but nvidia and then it
will be
> closed hardware as far as the graphics card is concerned :)

Which of course leads to other problems!

> I think the problems come when a game is written for the PC and ported
> console, so you have to adapt a "naturally" kb/mouse driven game to
> something
> completely different, and sometimes it just doesn't work.
> the best example of an FPS I've played to date on a console was
Goldeneye
> on
> the N64.  The control system really seemed to work - though I know a
few
> other
> seasoned PC gamers who simply could not get to grips with it....

There is probably a lot of truth in that TBH, but I'll stick with the PC
thanks ;)

> ummm, this is getting waaay OT now, perhaps we should zippit before we
get
> told
> to?
> (You, wearing your moderator hat, should already have been limbering
up to
> verbally slap yourself and the rest of us :-P)

Yeah, better shut it, it's got sod all to do with HA anymore.

K.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
HGTV Dream Home Giveaway