Re: Roof Insulation (Was Re: Halogens for thickies)

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Roof Insulation (Was Re: Halogens for thickies)
  • From: "Marcus Warrington" <marcusw@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 12:20:30 -0000

Its important to leave a gap between the slates and the insulation to
avoid problems.. 2" sounds about right.

The JABSQUEEZE stuff that B&Q sell is squeezable so that it holds
itself between the rafters. This makes fitting a lot easier, not sure
what's its insulation level is though. The other method I seen used is
to fix the panels in place with a small bead on expanding foam.

Each JABSQUEEZE  panel is 610mm x 402mm x 60mm and fits rafter spacing
320mm to 395 mm. A pack of 4 panels costs £9.65 at B&Q (.78m2 x .96m2)

IIRC any cables (lighting circuit) need to be protected in plastic
conduit and not allowed to touch the insulation. I assume that this
is because of potential heat build up in the cable causing the
JABSQUEEZE to melt ? If so I'm very wary of fitting halogen recessed
lights into it. Maybe I need to build small "boxes" into the
ceiling at
each light position ?

Marcus

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx