RE: OT...........Digital Cameras........OT

Like the others, my camera is nearly 2 (A Fuji 4700) but I'm still quite
happy with it.

I'll go along with all of Mark H's recommendations (apart from using a
throw-away and scanner - this is a flagrant abuse of the UKHA "never, ever
take the low-tech approach, however good it may be" rule!)

Other things to consider are what memory cards to you have/use at the
moment?  For me I had loads of SmartMedia cards, so the Fuji's were the
obvious way to go.  Avoid 'value add' features such as MP3 playback, AVI
recording etc - these are generally all crap, and just means the money has
been spent on features you'll not be using.

I can easily blow my pics up to A3 with no apparent graininess or blocking,
even A2 looks good for bright images, so for your needs I'd say anything
above a 3meg camera should be fine.

One last thing - just like mobile phones, try out the UI - I like my Fuji,
but I got one of the cheapo Kodaks last year for my father-in-law, and I
hate the UI on that (but he likes it).

Pete

PS www.photobox.co.uk are a great company for printing the pics if you can't
be bothered to do it at home - they're up there with the likes of Screwfix
and Amazon IMHO.