Problems installing Xpl

Hi,

How do I go about getting help with xPL?
Checked the web site but not much there and a very inactive forum with
only 3 posts so thought I'd try asking here.

I'm totally new to xPL and haven't been following any of the threads but
thought I'd install it tonight and play about with my x10 and SLiMP3 but
fell at the 2nd hurdle.

Win2K Server with .Net previously installed.
Followed instructions from the web page : HowTo: Control your X10
devices using xPLHal
Installed xPLHal Service, confirmed the service was running ok and
configured it as per instructions giving it a newconf name of Server1.

Installed the xPL-to-CM12 gateway service and insured the service was
running (set to automatically start but had to manually start it after
install).
Checked under Awaiting Configuration and there it was...
Gave it a newconf name of Server1 but there is no comport variable to
set a value against!
i.e. comport does not appear in the list of configurable items.
I OK'ed it anyway and it moved from Awaiting config to the xPL Devices
list.

I tried uninstalling the CM12 Gateway and reinstalling it but it
immediately appeared in the configured xPL Devices list again with the
previous config and comport still missing.
Uninstalled both the CM12 Gateway & xPLHAL, deleted the XPL folder in
Programs folder and reinstalled again.
Again the XPLHAL & CM12 devices immediately appeared under the
configured devices with the previously entered names of Server1 and
again the comport value missing.

I reckon the values must be held in the registry somewhere - anyone know
where, or how I go about totally uninstalling these so I can try again
>from
Or is there something obvious I'm doing wrong??

Cheers,

Anthony.

UKHA 2004: 15th and 16th May 2004

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx