Re: Re: HomeVision

> Any other comments off people. Homevision or not Homevision

Definitely HV.

I used to run Homeseer and I particular liked the user interface with the
Ultraview pages running.  For pulling details off of web pages like weather
or news headlines and checking on the state of all your computer extra it's
great.  The big strength of it is all the addon scripts that people have
written. So why did I move to HV?

Well I was experiencing too much delay between sending a signal to the
computer and it then responding.  Also I didn't want to rely on a having to
keep a computer running and we had a couple of power cut when the computer
didn't come up cleanly that sealed it's fate. From a WAF everything was
looking dodgy.  Since HV went in it's been pretty much flawless and super
quick in fact I had to put a 0.25 sec delay in the response to a wireless
RF signal being received as the TM13 kept trying to retransmit the RF X10
signal as it thought that it had been blocked by the response X10 signal
coming back out of HV.

As Ken pointed out the relays outputs and inputs make interface other bits
of kit easy.  I just wish it supported more serial ports or a ethernet
connection.

In conclusion for me I think Homeseer is great for providing the flash web
stuff and it could be used alongside HV for just that but for me that
doesn't justify the ever increasing cost and ACE does that job a little
better anyway, so I'll stick with my HV thanks.

S.

The information contained in this message is confidential and may be
legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not
read, copy or otherwise use it and do not disclose it to anyone else.
Please notify the sender of the delivery error and then delete the
message from your system.

Any views or opinions expressed in this email are those of the author only.

Communications will be monitored regularly to improve our service and for
security and regulatory purposes.

Thank you for your assistance.