C-Bus and HomeGate

Hello everyone,
=20
I have run into some problems with getting my C-Bus installation to
"talk" =
to the C-Bus HomeGate software.  Although my installer is also chasing up
t=
he issue (the relevant person at Clipsal is on leave!) I thought that I
wou=
ld ask here as I am constantly surprised at the level of knowledge that
thi=
s group manages to pool.
=20
Essentially, I am trying to get the HomeGate software to connect to the
C-B=
us Network Interface (CNI) so that I can control anything on the C-Bus
netw=
ork from HomeGate (and, therefore, my webpad).  The C-Bus installation
soft=
ware works fine on the particular machine (so I know that the connection
is=
good) but the HomeGate software refuses to connect to the CNI.
=20
As I understand it, the HomeGate software relies upon C-Gate software to
co=
nnect to the CNI.  I have the C-Gate software installed and it seems to
con=
nect to the CNI at the correct IP address (in my case 192.168.0.50).  It
us=
es port 14000 (which is set up as Channel 1 on the CNI).  However,
whenever=
it tries to send signals to the control port (20023) it fails.  As a resul=
t, when I try to get HomeGate to connect to the CNI (either at port 20023
o=
r port 14000) it gives me an "asynchronous socket error" and
refuses to com=
municate.
=20
I do apologise if this is complete Greek to many of the UKHA list - I'm
jus=
t praying that someone, somewhere is using HomeGate (or C-Gate) through a
C=
NI and can let me know how they have it set up!
=20
Thanks for reading this rather long post - I'll let you know if I get a
sol=
ution from Clipsal in the meantime in case it helps anyone else in the
futu=
re.
=20
Kind regards,