Re: Capacitor Selection

Hi,

Well, I really know very little about this...
(In fact, if you've read any of my other posts, you'll soon realise that I
know very little about most things :o))

My instincts would tell me that current leakage with regards to a capacitor
is the "leakage" of charge across the plate.
In an ideal world you would be able to connect a capacitor to a circuit,
charge it, remove it from the circuit and it would hold it's charge
indefinitely. However, this ain't an ideal world. In the above example when
you remove the capacitor from the circuit, it would maintain it's charge,
but this would gradually decrease over time due to "leakage"
across the
plates.

I know that different types of capacitors have different types of
dielectrics (the material used between the plates) and this will effect the
leakage across the plates.

Anyway, that's enough guessing for now.
I think it's about time some of the electronic buffs on here put us all out
of our misery...?!?

Thanks,
Andy.