RE: RE: Help needed.....may loose job....

Quoting "Brian G. Reynolds" <brian.g.reynolds@xxxxxxx>:

> stairs. My thoughts were, if the fire exit gets blocked I do not have
an
> alternative exit as the fire door is not working, this I deemed to be
unsafe,
> he did not like it and said I would be put on a formal warning if it
happened
> again. This was mentioned by him to which I asked if this was what was
this

If your fire exits are blocked/unusable, that has to be breach of health
and
safety regs - how can you be put on a warning for recitfying (temporarily)
an
illegal situation?

> was really about?, he said no. I then informed him that the fire exit
in
> sales was found locked one day last week and this is the very reason I
> believe I was right with my earlier decision....I wonder if sour
grapes come
> to mind?

Sounds like it alright. :(

> I think the "major breach" comes from the fact this contract
is worth £4.2m
> to us so they are going OTT on everything...

It might be worth a lot of money, but that still seems OTT for the wrist
band
thing - is he seriously trying to suggest that the contract might be lost
because you did not use this wrist band in a manner he prefers (which is
debatable).

If you do not have a personnel dept, you might want to look into trying to
get
someone from outside to come in and represent you - either a solicitor or
some
sort of union rep/employment tribunal type person - there's bound to be
some
sort of neutral 3rd party you can bring in to ensure things are done
properly
etc.....