Re: Advices

Hi Alex,

> Are there any schemas for building my own CM12 and LM12 device?
> The electronically parts are rare?

Yes... there is a schematic for a PIC based (16F84) appliance module,
something like AM12... You can modify the software to get some new features
if you want.
Unfortunately I do not have the link here.... When I will get it, I'll send
it to you by mail.
The original modules use some proprietary processors, which includes the
analogue (input) part too.
They are not available as spare parts.. The rest of the components are
standard ones.

> Or how is the easiest way to make an application that will turn on/off
> lamp through X10? (I'm not an 'easy person' but I don't have lots of
> knowledges for this type of application, so any suggestions are more
than
> welcome)
Do you have the CM11/12 interface? If not, you must get one.... but if you
want, you can build one... just take a look at the X10 protocol and build
your own schema. I can help you design a very simple interface and then
generate all the commands directly from software (it is not very
difficult).
It will not be compatible with any available X10 controller software, but
this is not important for you...

> I have the software ActiveHome that will help me in controlling the
CM12.
This is in my opinion the worst X10 controller software available in this
moment... especially on XP it hangs my system a lot... practically I cannot
use it. You can use any other available software, including my application
(InfraX Manager) to send X10 commands..

> Where should I start searching?
My recommendation is to buy a starter kit (Like Active Home Starter Kit),
even if you want further to develop your own hardware/software.... this is
good start.
You can buy it from a lot of distributors in Europe, but take care that
there are different  sockets type for some countries (like UK, France,
etc.)... You must buy the German version for Romania.
Take a look at http://www.intellihome.be
You can talk with Kwong Li (it is on this list too) from Laser Business
Systems Ltd... they have a lot of X10 stuff, but take care at the
sockets.... the company is UK based. (www.laser.com)

I have ordered some time ago a Starter Kit for about 120 EURO... it
contains
1xLM12, 1xAM12 and 1xCM12, plus the software.

Best regards,
Dan

> Are there any schemas for building my own CM12 and LM12 device?
> The electronical parts are rare?
>
> Or how is the easiest way to make an application that will turn on/off
> lamp through X10? (I'm not an 'easy person' but I don't have lots of
> knowledges for this type of application, so any suggestions are more
than
> welcome)
>
> I have the software ActiveHome that will help me in controlling the
CM12.

> Where should I start searching?
>
> Thanks alot,
> Alex