Re: [OT] Bluetooth woes...

Hi Paul,

> It gets a little bit further now, in as much as when I run the
"get
> connected wizard" on the PC, and it scans all the ports, when it
gets to
> COM5 (which is the BT serial port), the iPAQ pops up a "Bluetooth
Security"
> page saying the device name <my Laptop> is requesting access to
"Serial
> Port", - and an accept or reject button... Activesync on the PC
stays on
the
> same serial port until I press the "Accept" button on the
iPAQ, at which
> point it continues to scan through all the other serial ports....
However,
> at the end of the scan it says my device was not detected... :-(

This is not the right procedure. Do like that:
1. On the PC double click on "My Bluetooth Places" (you need to
do that in
order to activate bluetooth)
2. Right click on it and select "Setup"
3. In the Accessibility Tab check that "Let other bluetooth devices to
discover this computer"
4. Go to iPaq and start radio from the bluetooth menu
5. On iPaq go to Bluetooth Manager
6. Click on search.
7. After the PC is discovered, click on it and then on "Actions"
8. Click on Create Bond with this device
9. Choose a password for each end, if requested (depens on security level)
10. After the bond is finished, in Bluetooth Manager (iPaq) select the PC
as
"Active Sync partner")
11. On the PC, check the COM port allocated for "Local
Services"... this
will be used by Active Sync
12. Select this port in Active Sync
13. from the iPaq Bluetooth menu (not from the main menu) select
"Start
Active Sync"

This is all.
Do not try to start bluetooth Active Sync connection from the PC side... it
doesn'y work.

Good luck,
Dan
P.S. If you need further information, send me a mail... or call me on MSN
as
tdanro@xxxxxxx, or call me at FWD number 21250