Re: Midband :(

Realistically though, even if they get the D Channel going as expected, It
sounds like the D Channel will be used for "e-mail" not for AODI,
limiting
it's use for people like us...

I mean, whats the most common interest among HA users for broadband? I know
that for the friends I have with broadband, the main thing is the fact that
you cna leave your PC downloading things and walk away... staying in MSN
all
day, so people can leave messages for you, that sort of thing..

My Broadband desire comes down to three things:
1) chunky sofwtare downloads: I had to dl over 100 Mb of software today,
including Apache, MySQl etc.. thats a PITA over 64K isdn.
2) Accessing the home/office server from out of the office to do things
like
set Tivo to record stuff, turn the heating on when heading home, etc
3) Playing Games with looooow latency.

Midband is a prefect no-hitter, and even with a D-Channel in service, it's
still up in the air whether it would be of any use!

Just off the phone from BT Wholesale, who say that there are only 500 or so
exchanges without a trigger level now, and all of them should have one (or
be marked "unviable") within the next two or three months.

I'm just waiting for the kick in the teeth of being told that our exchange
is unviable. :(

I.