RE: Re: Composite Video Question

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: Composite Video Question
  • From: "Daniel James" <daniel@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2002 11:34:05 +0100

>I posted an article ages ago explaining the secrets... You are
>heading down the right track - try using the powersupply ground
>instead of the signal ground, and be sure that the camera is getting
>power itself. Unfortunately I don't have a copy of the original post
>anymore, but a search in the archives for "Response Camera"
should
>turn it up.

>Patrick

Thanks Patrick, I've found this in the archives:

"This should be simple - but taking the video out from SCART pin 20
and
ground doesn't work. It seems that the camera needs an additional
signal to turn it on and that it's necessary to ground pin 4. I think
pin 4 is normally Audio Ground, so I'm a bit baffled as to exactly
what's going on here. Anyway, that's the secret and it might save
others some time."

Will give it another go later.

Cheers

Dan