Re: Mailing List - Fours Years old TODAY :) - and outdoor speakers

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Mailing List - Fours Years old TODAY :) - and outdoor speakers
  • From: "Paul Gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2002 11:04:51 +0100

All together now...

"Happy birthday to us, happy birthday to us, happy birthday dear
UKHA...
happy birthday to us..."

And just to get it back on topic, I am at the point where I need to make a
decision about outdoor speakers. - These are to be mounted on the back of
the house facing out into the garden, and are being done as part of the
kitchen renovation project...

SWMBO did some research, and came up with a shortlist of the following
models:

BOSE 151
BOSE 251
BOSE 302A
Boston Acoustics Grand Voyager
Boston Acoustics Voyager 2
Mariner Junior 10
Tannoy i5
Tannoy i6

Amongst that lot, there's quite a spread of prices, from the B.A. Voyager 2
at "just" £184/pair, right up to the B.A. Grand Voyager at a
whopping
£550/pair!!

I'm looking for recommendations! - preferably from personal experience if
anyone here has any of these models... These will mostly be used for
background music whilst sitting on the terrace, occasionally might be used
for garden parties (although I can always put additional speakers outside
for parties...).  The principal source will probably be MP3's from the
jukebox, via a SliMP3, but also with FM (and perhaps DAB) radio, and even
CD's from time to time!

Obviously I'd prefer to spend £184 in preference to £550!! - but not if it
results in something I am obviously displeased with....

Oh, and I'm definately _not_ interested in ones that look like rocks! (at
this point...)

Cheers guys.

Paul G.