FW: Clipsal C-Bus2

Oh bugger now my emails are bouncing to add to the fun of the day! See
message below:

-----Original Message-----
From: Rob Mouser
Sent: 14 October 2002 16:49
To: 'ukha_d@xxxxxxx'
Subject: RE: [ukha_d] Clipsal C-Bus2

Hi Tony

See my individual replies below:

- do these only work with the (expensive) C-BUS switches (which won't
fit a
standard UK wall box)?

Yes only with c-bus input modules (i.e switches, temp sensors and
alike.) All c-bus 2000 and Neo series switches DO fit into standard UK
boxes.

- How have people here done it?

Yes lots off. Also Kevin Hawkins is now a 'user'. Using din rail
dimmers, Neo switches etc. Just currently playing with the touch screens
also.

- Is there a way of interfacing "standard" Clipsal modular switches (1
to 5
switches on a single gang plate) to the DIN rail dimmer?  Or is it best
done
Switch --> Comfort/HomeVision --> C-Bus?

Yes you need a c-bus item called a 'bus coupler' which will enable you
to use ANY standard switch. Comfort can also control dimmers etc in
c-bus but you need the correct c-bus UCM.

C-Bus socket switching
- can't see anything on www.comfort.org.uk  Any other UK suppliers?  Or
should I leave that for X-10 (do AD10's support status reporting)?

Given the end-cost of kitting out with LD11 & AD10's, I'd rather go for
something that is much more reliable and robust, but Clipsal's lack of
web-based information is proving a bit of a hindrance :o(

Clipsal C-bus is as you say devoid of much web information. This is down
to the belief that C-bus is a 'trade only' product.

IMHO it is excellent. In my experience it has 100% reliability.

If you need any other information let me know.

TIA,
Tony

List of UKHA Groups here -
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/UKHA_Grouplists/