Re: Re: cm12 problems!

On Wed, 02 Oct 2002 08:22:29 -0000, you wrote:

>The CM12 is never powered from the PC, it is always powered from
>batteries. I wouldn't recommend using rechargeable batteries in the
>CM12 because rechargeables tend to self-discharge; you would be much
>better off with alkalines in this situation.
>
>I don't remember if the active home software is intelligent enough to
>detect low battery status in the CM12, but I personally never found
>the on-board macros terribly satisfactory, and it's likely you'll
>quickly outgrow it. If you really want to make some headway, and can
>leave a PC on 24/7, try using Autom8it, Homeseer or Mister House to
>drive the CM12.

The software lets you specify alkaline or some other sort of battery
and gives you a bar graph of how much life is left, but I guess it is
a calculation based on time on rather than actually sensing the
batteries.

I hadn't realised that the cm12 was mains powered, but of course that
would make sense with it being plugged into the wall! I thought it was
powered via the serial cable when the pc was on and batteries
otherwise; I don't know where I got that idea from. So the batteries
are only for power cuts or plug removal, so this shouldn't be a
battery problem then should it? What is wrong?

BTW I bought the cm12 from B&Q before I discovered the likes of laser
and letsautomate. On the box are two labels one says cm12ch (I thought
it was supposed to be cm12u) and the other says cm11. What have I got?

Thanks.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor