RE: High quality component video cable - a rip off???

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: High quality component video cable - a rip off???
  • From: "Phillip Harris" <phil@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 22:32:33 -0000

> ...and how good is the picture compared to a good quality
> direct connection? Are you running DVD via this method?

The quality is fine ... I think most of the people who know me here know
that I can get pretty bloody anal about audio and video when I want to
and I use it at the moment as a grounding isolator between my video
scaler and my AV kit (as my video scaler pumps out a lot of noise on the
grounds for some reason).

I'm using it to carry component video to the scaler but the original
plan was to use it to carry the upscaled 1280 x 1024 image output from
the scaler to my projector however it has settled into use isolating the
scaler from the AV kit quite effectively.

Phil