Re: DVD Changer info

alan shields wrote:

> for an extra couple of months worth of development and a couple of quids
> worth of extra hardware (external rs232 control etc) this unit would
> have been great.
>
> If they had even thought about the remote functionality for a minute
> they would have added a select disk button to save us all the hassle of
> trying to get back to a known state with various menu/select sequences.

Even if they'd implemented their own Control-A or whatever its called
into it! It can control a slave CD changer, but nothing can control it
:( :( :( and it can't be controlled by a Slink-E either :( :( :(

Pretty sure the Kenwood 403 changer has RS232...... I'll probably get
one of them and daisy chain the sony into it when I get around to
finding the cash.....!

Currently have to prioritise DVDs to get promoted into the changer.....!
300 is not a lot of discs!

Oh yeah...... couple of things you might find if you use it a lot.......

I loaded in my Friends collection sequentially currently 21 double sided
discs and I got *major* reliabilty problems with disc selection..... I
*think* it was to do with the amount of reflections from all the double
sideds together..... I rearranged them all with a normal disc in between
them and it works fine!

The other problem is if you take a disc out of the middle of the
carousel to lend to someone/ use on another player etc...... sometimes
while changing between discs, it'll take a complete huff and spit the
current disc into the temporarily empty slot I lost a few like that for
a while, thanks to the lack of disc titles on the filer.... :( ...... if
you're taking discs out for a while when they're in the middle of a full
carousel, best to replace them with CDs for the short term!

--
Doogie