RE: Firewall SBC

Mark

Its actually all of those reasons combined (elegance, space saving, power saving, noise reduction, and to have a spare PC).  I want to run JRec = on the
PC that is currently running the firewall.  The idea of having a firew= all
_inside_ my server appeals to me but if the cost is way over the top then it's obviously not worth it.

On the ADSL side of things, I have a leased line which I often get 480KB/s<= BR> download and upload speed on so I need something that will handle this.&nbs= p; I
think my current firewall (233MMX) handles this ok but I wouldn't know.

How much do "those in the know" think a SBC with the following sp= ec cost:
Pentium 200Mhz or higher
64Mb Ram
2 Ethernet ports minimum
100Mb disk on a chip

What kind of power supply are these things expecting?
Could a regular PC power supply be used and just connect one of the Molex plugs into the SBC?

Cheers
Pedro

For more information: http://www= .automatedhome.co.uk